One of the goals of AIRUSE is the harmonization of receptor modeling protocol and the priorization of emission sources for defining city-specific mitigation measures able to reduce PM levels.
During this one-week workshop, 17 AIRUSE members from all partners participated.
The workshop activities were dividided as:
– validating the dataset of PM chemical speciation for each city (PM10 and PM2.5),
– calculating individual uncertainties of observed concentrations of PM components,
– discussing and defining the protocol for species selection,
– discussing and defining the protocol for PMF application through the EPA PMF v5 program,
– carrying out the source apportionment study at each city,
– intercomparing results among different cities.
The outcome of the workshop was the basis for a new Deliverable in of action B2: PM speciation and source apportioment.