During the DUST 2014 CONFERENCE www.dust2014.org/ staff members of the AIRUSE and REDUST LIFE+ projects took the opportunity to arrange a kick-off meeting in order to arrange networking activities between the two projects.
Both projects are aimed at testing and developing air quality improvement measures, but in different climates: the Mediterranean area (AIRUSE) and Finland (REDUST).
The networking activities that were identified are:
1. Use of the road dust sampler patented by IDAEA-CSIC in Finnish roads
2. Use of the SWIFFER vehicle in the Spanish roads, in the framework of AIRUSE.
Currently, the two organizations are working on the search for the fundings needed for the organization of such activities.
• Xavier Querol from IDAEA-CSIC (coordinator of AIRUSE)
• Fulvio Amato from IDAEA-CSIC
• Kaarle Kupiainen from Nordic Envicon Oy (partner of REDUST)
• Roosa Ritola from Nordic Envicon Oy